Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Welcome back to our blog.  After a year and a half, it is time to give an update on our family.  As most of you reading already know, we are adopting again!  So many people have kindly asked about our adoption process that I thought re-starting the blog would be a good way to keep everyone up to date.

We are adopting a beautiful girl from Ethiopia. Age wise she fits right between Anna and Grant. We received her referral shortly before Thanksgiving and are hoping that our first trip to Ethioipia to meet her will be later this spring.

Before I go any further, I need to let you know that most of the info I share on this blog, regarding her adoption, will be intentionally vague.  Due to government policies and concerns, our agency has requested that we not share any case specific details in a public forum.   We want to be very respectful of that policy.  However, once we pass court on our first trip we will be free to post pictures, etc.  And oh let me tell you, I can not wait to share with you how cute she is!

Until we pass court, we will call our new daughter S. on this blog.   In upcoming posts, I will share how we came to the decision to adopt an older child, the emotions surrounding this process and how Anna, Grant and Kidus feel about it all.

Until then I will leave you with this sweet photo of the kiddos.  Can't wait to add little S. to the mix!







No comments:

Post a Comment