Sunday, January 8, 2012

Piano recital

Today was Anna's first piano recital.  She stepped right up on that stage like she had done this a thousand times.  She brought her books up with her for comfort but ended up leaving them closed and played by memory.  This is one proud mama!

The term "piano recital" brings back memories of my own recitals in my teachers living room.  We then moved up to having the recitals at a small church and a reception in the basement.  Anna however got to play at a fabulous venue.  The historic Mable Taintor Theater in downtown Menomonie.  A beautiful theater where we have seen many outstanding performances.  Today though, was probably my most favorite performance.  My sweet girl playing her two songs with such joy and excitement.  When she was done she sat down next to me and said, "That was fun!  I'd like to do that again!."  And a  performer is born.





Anna and her piano instructor Michaela Gifford

2 comments:

  1. Anna, I can't wait to hear you play some time!
    We miss you lots... especially Griffyn. :)

    -Aunt Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, Papa and I are so glad we were able to come to your very first piano recital. You should be very proud of yourself for practicing enough to play so well in front of an audiance at such a fancy theater. I know we are proud of you. You seemed so relaxed-I think you are a natural performer.
    Grandma K

    ReplyDelete