Merry Christmas! Here is the Burns family 2012 year in review. Big year for us as child number 3 joined our family. By far the greatest joy this year has been adding Kidus to our family! Adoption has been an amazing adventure. Our hearts our still processing the beauty of adoption, the losses and pain that make adoption necessary and what our future role is in helping families stay together as well as caring for orphans. We are excited to see what the future holds for us in this area.
Highlights for our whole family this year include a week at Fort Wilderness for family camp this summer. And a week in Colorado celebrating Jeremy's mom's 70th birthday.
A little about each family member...
Amy:I continue to work in family practice with a little ER/UC thrown in. I still love my job but also love that I work part-time. That allows me to spend time with Kidus, volunteer in Anna and Grant's classrooms and lead a moms group at our church. My highlights are obviously our time in Ethiopia. It was wonderful to be back in Ethiopia. I had spent four months there after college. Almost immediately after we got off the plane the smells and sounds brought back many memories and feelings from my time spent there previously. We made two trips there during our adoption process. Coming home was an amazing highlight. There were friends and family both at the airport and at our house to welcome us home.
Jeremy: Jeremy is still working in pharmaceutical sales. He drives to St. Paul everyday and is therefore up to date on all the talk radio shows! He got his largest buck ever this year while bow hunting. Lots of meat in the freezer! Highlights for Jeremy include our time in Ethiopia, coming home with Kidus, family time at Fort and in Colorado and a fishing trip with Grant and his dad.
Anna: Anna is in 3rd grade. She has discovered a passion for theater this year. She was involved in a community production of Pinocchio and did a week long drama camp last summer. Jeremy and I often get to watch "shows" that Anna and her brother put on for us! I asked Anna what some of her favorite things this year has been. Her list includes gymnastics, piano, Fort Wilderness, swimming, being in 3rd grade, reading and horseback riding. I also have to add that she has been a huge help since Kidus has been home. I have often told her I needed one of her when she was a baby!
Grant: Grant is in kindergarten this year. He would be happy spending all of his school day doing math. He can calculate faster in his head than I can sometimes! He continues to love all things related to World War II. He has discovered Legos this year. He will spend hours putting tiny pieces together and end up with a masterpiece! Favorite things he listed from this year include eating Ethiopian food, camping trip with Papa Burns and daddy, first airplane ride and becoming a big brother.
Kidus: Kidus is almost 19 months. He is a happy, busy baby. He amazes us. He is all caught up developmentally. We already know he is a little athlete. It's crazy the way he can dribble a soccer ball across the back yard! He is also busy. We never had locks on our kitchen cabinet doors with the other two kids, but we have them now! His smile lights up a room and he adores his big brother and sister.
We feel very blessed and thankful this year. We would love to hear from you!
Merry Christmas!
Jeremy & Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment