Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Crossfit Krazie Kids

It's no secret that it took me awhile to get over my intimidation of Crossfit and give it a try.   I mean, seriously, I couldn't even have told you what qualifies as an Olympic lift let alone have done one .  When the trainer said we were doing to "max out" on dead lifts one day, I had to ask "how does one know when you have maxed out?  Whats the secret?"  And with dead seriousness she says "oh, you know...when you are lifting so hard you can hardly breath and you feel like you are going to pass out...that's probably your max."  Yep...I'm paying money for this experience.  I think it's why the gym (or "box" to use proper terminology) is called Crossfit Krazie.

The truly fun thing about this though is that Grant is totally into it.  There's a website with crossfit workouts for kids based on their age and skill level.  Jeremy pulled up a workout one night and Grant went to town!  Anna did about 2 rounds and was done.  But little Grant pulled out 5 rounds of 10 thrusters , 10 push ups and 10 box jumps (we used the step)!  I love his determined look in the pictures...








2 comments:

  1. Grant, you are an animal! Papa Burns is proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction, Grant did 7 rounds in 6:52. Not that I am a proud dad or anything :-)

    ReplyDelete