Saturday, October 8, 2011

Run for Living Water

  Today our family ran the 2nd Annual Run for Water race to raise money and awareness of the need for clean water in many countries.  Our church has been sending teams with Living Water International to both Haiti and Honduras over the past couple of years.

This was the kids 3rd 1-mile race.  They love it and it's a really fun thing to do together as a family.  Anna posted a 10:20 min. mile and Grant a 12:45.  I'm so proud of both of them!  I did the 5K but frankly I think running the 1 mile with the kids was the most rewarding.



Yes, my friend Anna (middle) is pregnant and is having a c-section this coming Wednesday!  She ran and beat me by a couple of minutes!  She's a rock star!









Grant got 3rd place for boys under 10.  Anna was a little miffed that she ran faster than Grant but didn't get a metal.  Way more girls ran than boys.

Over all, a fun and successful fall morning!

Pictures,except the last two, by Paul Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment