1. I truly could exist on fresh tomato's and basil from our garden Every. Single. Day.
2. Even with my fresh mint, my mojito's will never be as good as the one's at Zanabar.
3. The mountains truly are the best kind of therapy.
4. It actually is true that there comes a day, after all the adoption turmoil of getting your child home, that you go 24 hours and never once think of your child as adopted. In your mind, your adopted son becomes simply "your son."
5. There is no better date than doing a 7 mile hike with your husband in the mountains with no kids along.
6. I desperately need a schedule. I completely floundered the first couple of weeks off of work while home with Kidus, until I put myself on a daily schedule. Although I cherish the time completely at home with him, going back to work, even just 2 days a week initially, brought back some sanity to my life. I am a better mom when I am working at the clinic.
7. I learned that 1 small watermelon plant will completely take over your garden. It will climb up your fence and start growing watermelons in the road. Seriously.
8. Some days it is just better to laugh than to lecture....
9. Jamie Lynch is a miracle straight from heaven directly to our family. I have known this fact for many years but it was reinforced this summer as Jamie loved on my 3 children, cleaned up my house on a regular basis and completely filled in the arts and craft gap that I leave wide open in my parenting. Someone tell Gary Chapman that the 6th Love Language should be "shows love to my children."
10. Cousins are awesome.
Maddie and Grant were inseparable during our time in CO.
Hiking with Griffyn and Uncle Sean.
Lots of little cousins.
We got to spend time with Emma at a nearby water park.

Loved having Landon and Lauryn and their mom and dad visit.
11. My best conversations with Anna and Grant are often around a campfire. We hit on topics such as the Big Bang Theory and Creation Theory. Who made God? What do red blood cells do? What do white blood cells do? What are the worst viruses ever? I promise I did not initiate these topics. We can thank Fort Wilderness for the the theological questions and Magic School Bus for the science questions. Two of my favorite topics! Anna and Grant certainly got at least a couple of my genes!
12. I learned once again that I am blessed beyond imagination.





i like this idea, making a list! really cool to "know" your family a bit better, amy. you love them all so well, & it's obvious!
ReplyDelete