Thursday, April 26, 2012

Transitions

There are always changes and transitions.  Obviously one of the biggest is the addition of a new child to the family.  From an attachment and adoption point of view things have been going excellent with Kidus.  However, if you ask Grant and Anna how things are going you will get an assortment of answers.  If you ask them during the day when they are active and busy they will answer you with a smile and say things are fine and that it's fun to have Kidus here.  If you ask them when we are snuggling in bed at the end of the day and the room is dark and we are whispering to each other you will get a little more insight. 

Anna (who is amazing with Kidus) whispers to me "it doesn't feel like it did before Kidus came. I'm happy but I feel a little sad too."  Isn't that how we all feel when it comes to change?

Grant wants extra stories read to him and more time just the two of us.  He's no longer the baby in the family.  I whispered in bed to him "I love you so much." 
Grant: I know that, you don't have to tell me everyday.  You can tell me every 3 days.
Amy: Oh no I can't.  I have to tell you lots of times each day,  It just bursts out of me because I love you so much.  I can't even keep that in for one day!

Grant: Ok, you can tell me everyday.
Next morning....
Grant: Remember mom, you can tell me everyday that you love me.

I love that boy!

We spent a little extra time together during Kidus' nap the other day.  Grant is very multifaceted.  He is a warrior one minute and the next he wants to arrange flowers.  So that's what we did.  Our lilacs are in full bloom and we took advantage.




Yes, he is still in his jammies.





1 comment: